San Jose, CA—July 27, 2015—The MAX9286 quad deserializer from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) enables the design of surround-view systems for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) with fewer components and faster time to market. Just oneMAX9286 gigabit multimedia serial link (GMSL) deserializer receives and automatically synchronizes video from up to four cameras.
- Details about Maxim's automotive solutions: http://bit.ly/Maxim_automotive_solutions
- MAX9286 details: http://bit.ly/MAX9286
- Maxim's safety solutions: http://bit.ly/Maxim_safety_solutions
- MAX9286 schematic: http://bit.ly/MAX9286_schematic
Surround view systems are a key component in today's emerging ADAS market. The MAX9286 automotive deserializer accepts and synchronizes video streams from four cameras via a shielded twisted-pair (STP) or coaxial cable by up to 15 meters. The MAX9286 outputs the data via a four-lane, industry-standard CSI-2 interface to a video processor. It reduces board space and component count by replacing four discrete deserializers and an FPGA. In addition, this highly integrated deserializer eliminates additional software required for camera synchronization. The MAX9286 is also well suited for machine vision and 3D-camera systems.
- Shortens design time: lowers design risk and time to market with automatic generation of camera synchronization signals, alignment of image data from multiple sensors to the same pixel, and user programmability of key parameters.
- Lowers cost: integration reduces board space and component count by eliminating four discrete deserializers and an FPGA. It also supports power over coaxial cabling to reduce wiring and cost.
- Diagnostic capability: enhances system integrity with on-chip diagnostics for link bit error rate (BER), detection of camera falling out of sync, or cable shorts to power/ground.
- "The need for surround view capability in the automotive market poses unique challenges in ADAS designs," said Balagopal Mayampurath, Director of Business Management at Maxim Integrated. "This product simplifies first generation surround view system design and enables a seamless transition to next-generation systems."
- Available in 56-pin, 8mm x 8mm TQFN and QFND packages.
- Specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +105-degree Celsius temperature range.
- AEC-Q100 qualified parts are available.
- EV kit with SoC processor available; ADAS-specific reference designs developed with ecosystem partners also available.