How to participate
- Create a new project by clicking the red Create project button or click 'Participate now'
- Fill in the fields. Note that when you publish your project (leave draft mode*) you can no longer update the main text. Add Project Updates to add additionnal text.
- Set the Contest field to 'ESP32 Design Contest 2018'.
This will add a badge to the project's main photo, identical to this one.
If your project is supposed to participate in the contest but you can't activate the contest badge, please contact us and we will help you.
*When the contest terminates, all entries in 'draft' will be set to the 'published' state.
- Send in your own work only.
- Be creative.
- Not restricted to IoT applications.
- Final projects must be received before March 31, 2018 @ 24:00 hours CET.
- 1,000 free ESP32-PICO-KIT boards are available.
- Not limited to ESP32-PICO-KIT boards, but eligible projects must feature an ESP32 product.
Shipping of the free ESP32-PICO-KITs will start as soon as possible to give participants enough time to develop their application.
We have made a nice selection of prizes with a total retail value of (almost) € 2,500!
What can you win?
- Siglent 120 MHz Function Generator SDG5122
- IkaLogic IkaScope WS200 Wireless Oscilloscope Probe
- pi-top 2 – Laptop kit for Raspberry Pi + pi-top Proto
- Anet A6 Homelab 3-D Printer Kit incl. 3 PLA Filaments
- Andonstar HDMI/USB Digital Microscope ADSM201 with LCD Screen
- Weller ESF-120 ESD PCB-Holder
- Elektor Labs AVR Playground Semi Kit (129009-72)
- Hayes & Horowitz - Learning the Art of Electronics (Book)
- Franzis IOT Bluething Board
- Elektor Labs Tapir E-Smog Detector (120354-71)
ESP32-PICO-KIT is a mini development board produced by Espressif. The core of this board is an ESP32-PICO-D4 System-in-Package (SIP) module with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
About the ESP32-PICO-KIT
Compared to other ESP32 chips, the ESP32-PICO-D4 integrates a 40 MHz crystal oscillator, 4 MB flash memory, filter capacitors and RF matching circuitry.
The ESP32-PICO-KIT board is equipped with a USB-UART bridge for connecting the board to a USB port on a computer for easy firmware programming and debugging.
What can you do with an ESP32?All sorts of projects are possible thanks to its two (2!) Xtensa LX6 CPUs. The video below shows an impressive example of what the chip is capable of.
Here is a guide to help you get started with the ESP32-PICO-KIT.
Tips & Tricks to improve your chances of winning the Grand Prize
- Be creative
- The more documentation you provide, the better
- Provide complete schematics and full source code
- Add a video showing off your project
Register here to participate in the ESP32 Design Contest 2018 (DE / FR / NL)
Terms and Conditions (DE / FR / NL).