This project has been published in Elektor Magazine 11/2017: EN | DE | NL
It all started when someone asked me to build the electronics for the traffic lights on his model railroad. Sure, a simple task for Arduino. Just add a shield, eventually on a prototype board, and off you go... But wait, some 15 years ago I found on the Internet a nice and simple PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) using a PIC16C84 and a few electronic parts. This thing was simply programmed using a compiler for ladder-diagrams. And even if you think Arduino is too much hankypanky you should be able to construct ladder-diagrams, because they look like a schematic diagram using relais. Now my decision was taken quickly: I will construct a simple PLC-like board which will execute the output of the ladder-compiler using a microcontroller of the PIC family.
- Hobby & Modellbau
A traffic-light system for the modell-railroad
1. April 2017 , Letztes Update: 11. April 2018
in Elektor | November 2017 | Zum Heft-Artikel...
- A simple quizmaster (174.89 KB )First step in learning ladder
- executable for quizmaster (1.3 KB )source- and hex-file (for PIC16F628A)
- A simple traffic-light to start (60.91 KB )
- software of the complete system (4.1 KB )